Last weekend was Suzanna and Jay’s wedding.  I think I’m still recovering from the fun.  It was the nicest wedding I’ve ever attended.  And I got to be in it, which was all the more fun!

I took two days off from work, which was delightful, and headed down early to visit with Gamma.  After taking an amazing nap at her house, I was not only awakened by the phone ringing, but also by Gamma as she paraded into the room to give me the phone with her pants off.  She then sat down next to the bed with only her undies and blouse on as we discussed dinner and the possibility of having some escargot. 

Friday, I ventured down to S.A. and then to Boerne for our mani\pedi party.  And yes I feel gay saying that.  The hostesses had brought in a ton of food and I think I feel in love with prosciutto wrapped asparagus.  Note to self: make this sometime.

After the party, we went back to the Dillard Casa to prepare for the rehearsal.  Of course just as we ventured outside, it began raining.  Luckily someone packed their green rain jacket and was prepared for the elements.   After the rehearsal, we went into town for the dinner.  Which was extremely nice.  Cocktail hour, followed by a sit down dinner of quail and venison. Mmmmhmmm.  After dinner there were a plethora of toasts.  Of course Mary, MJ and I had to get up and recount the day we took Jay to happy hour (without inviting Suz) and told him that we wanted them to end up together.  Give credit where credit is due, they got back together shortly thereafter.


Saturday was the big day, and luckily we didn’t have to make an appearance until around noon.  We got ready at the Dillard Casa, all the while, Suz never turned into Suzilla, as she and her mom were more concerned about picking up mud clumps in the house and vaccuuming than being stressed about the huge and amazing event that was about to take place in hours.  Best of all, despite the rainy weather and awful forecasts, the sun was out and shining all afternoon.  Which only added to the beautiful wedding that it was.



The wedding was at the Dillard’s house, down on a man-made beach that sat on a cliff overlooking the lake.  It was estimated to be near 400 people in attendance, and as the wedding started there were people gathered everywhere.  Once the family had been seated, the groomsman and Jay had assumed there positions and once all of the bridesmaids had walked down the isle, Suz and Bill came over on the neighbors boat.  Seeing them across the water looked like a scene in a movie and I proceeded to cry.  Please note this is the first time I have ever cried at a wedding.  And I was close to balling (bawling?).  I told Baby and Daddy that that was my wedding gift to them. 

The ceremony was beautiful.  And absolutely perfect for Suz and Jay.  Once it was over, it was time to party hardy in the huge tent set up.  Drinks started flowing and the band began rocking.  Not to mention the food (including ceviche… my favorite) was delicious.  And the cake was nice and moist (the way Mary likes it).  It was so much fun to celebrate two of my very best friends getting hitched, not to mention seeing a bunch of friends I haven’t gotten to see in a while.




A couple of my favorite laughs of the night came when I told Courtney our bridemaid dresses had come from Old Navy for $39.99 and she believed me. 


And of course I had to get up on stage with the band to rock out to Van Halen’s “Jump”.  This of course caused me to start sweating profusely, but this also helped me not have a hangover the next day.

Right before the party ended, it was time to throw the bouquet.  Sash and a few others dared me to catch it and when do I ever turn down a dare?  Luckily, my vodka-induced aggressiveness had no problem swiping the bouquet.  My apologize to the little girls whose sunshine I stole.


Suz and Jay then departed the reception, just as she had come in, on a boat.  Talk about cool.  Not long after they had left, someone jumped in the lake.  I happened to be standing next to our group and heard Courtney turn around and say, in all honesty, “Oh my gosh, was that Emily”???  I don’t think I have laughed harder.


Most of us then headed back to the Ye Kendall Inn for the night.  Luckily, Mary, Courtney and I got to share the “Sewing Room”, which meant three people to a queen-sized bed.  Luckily again, I got the middle.

For more photos, check out my Picasa!